This week we will be heavy into our fall activities. Our students are ready to shine!
No matter the event, when the final out is made or time expires, we are Millard – a great community that supports our kids. It does not matter if you are a Mustang, Patriot or Wildcat! It does not matter if a student’s spark and talent is music, athletics, dance, cheer, etc… Millard students have fabulous opportunities, and they excel both in the curricular and co-curricular arena.
Students who participate in activities and athletics have the highest grade point averages of all our students. These students learn how to work hard and be part of something bigger than themselves. Students who participate in our co-curricular program shine brightly across the district, metro, and state.
I hope you will take time to check out all that Millard has to offer. We have made it very easy for you to find your way around all of the activities. If you go to the app store for your Smart device, you can download the Millard Public Schools mobile app.
We believe that we have the best fans. We so strongly believe in your support that we developed the Millard Public Schools Spectator Code of Conduct so that anybody who attends an event can immediately see the high character and class of our school community.
As a spectator attending a Millard Public Schools athletic event:
- I recognize that the goal of this event is to provide young people with the opportunity for healthy competition in the spirit of sportsmanship and camaraderie.
- I recognize that I have a role to project a positive and supportive attitude and to show respect toward all of the participants, including the officials, coaches, and student-athletes as well as other spectators and game management staff.
- I recognize that my words and behavior have a powerful impact on those around me and that I have a role to behave in a mature and dignified manner. I will not say, make, or promote profane comments, obscene gestures, offensive remarks, trash-talking, or taunting of any participant or spectator during the event. I should support and cheer for my team and not cheer against the other team or game officials.
- I recognize that I should exhibit good character and provide a positive role model for all spectators and participants.
- I recognize that attendance at an athletic event is a privilege, not a right, and that I am expected to represent my child, my team, my community, and myself with honor.
- I recognize that for the orderly management of this event, I have a role to follow the directions of school officials and the game management staff.
- I recognize that if my conduct during an event is not conducive to a positive environment as determined by site administrators and staff for any of the participants, spectators, school officials, or game management staff, I may be asked to leave the event, and I may be barred from attending future events.
I hope that you will join me and thousands of others as we cheer and applaud our students. We are #Proud2bMPS.